Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there is a lot of delicious cooking to be done! For many people, the turkey is the most important part of the Thanksgiving meal and our client, Copeland's of New Orleans – Atlanta, wants to share their New Orleans tradition with everyone! Copeland's Cajun fried turkeys are a great addition to any Thanksgiving feast!
Since opening in Atlanta15 years ago, they have been frying turkeys for families all over Atlanta. In the last 15 years Copeland's has sold more than 20,000 of their famous Cajun fried turkeys here in Atlanta.
In the spirit of the holiday, we want to give all of our readers a few tips from Copeland’s Atlanta CEO Bill Goudey for cooking these turkeys at home.
- Thaw the bird for two day and drain it completely.
- Inject with poultry seasonings and marinade for 24 hours, then cook in 350°F peanut oil.
- Make sure the turkey is dry before placing it into the oil, so that the oil will keep from sparking.
- Turn off the flame when you put the turkey in or you could get burned!
- Watch to make sure the pot does not boil over and is protected at all times.
- It only takes 45 minutes to cook a 12-14 pound turkey, but the instructions are the most important tool.
- When using a recipe, study the ingredients. If you see something in the ingredients that you and your family do not like or can not use, then try to think of another ingredient.
To watch Copeland's prepare one of their Cajun fried turkeys, be sure to check out the video of Managing Partner, Glen Helmstetter’s, turkey demonstration!
Copeland's Cajun fried turkeys are available from the catering and Holiday Specials menu at both Copeland’s of New Orleans locations in Atlanta for the holidays and year-round. Don’t forget to visit their website from more information (www.CopelandsAtlanta.com)!
© 2013. Atlanta Cause Marketing & PR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.