Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer
Speaking engagements, event planning, media relations, publicity and strategic introductions, sponsorships and media training
Marketing Challenge: The organization wanted to differentiate itself from Susan B. Komen’s two day walk.
- Researched and coordinated appropriate potential speaking engagements.
- Conceptualized volunteer appreciation events.
- Assisted in event management and publicity.
- Interviewed cancer survivors who were “dedicated walkers” for the organization and its in-house communication vehicles.
- Solicited sponsorships.
- Placed stories on board members in diverse local and Southeast media.
- Pitched and placed the organization’s inclusion in trend stories in major publications.
- Conducted media training.
Marketing Outcome: We were able to arrange over 25 speaking engagements with accompanying publicity for the founder and executive director during a single quarter of our work with the client. Runner registration increased by 4% over the prior two years. As a result of our efforts, the organization achieved a heightened awareness of the Two-Day Walk and its advocacy mission and publicity in media outlets including Ladies Home Journal, Atlanta Business Chronicle and Atlanta Journal Constitution.
(c) 2013. Atlanta Cause Marketing & PR, Inc. All rights reserved.