General Motors Sunrayce
Community relations, strategic introductions, cause marketing.
Marketing Challenge: With the milestone of a 10th anniversary to commemorate, GM needed to create a lineup of additional activities in key cities where the "Sunrayce" would be stopping. GM chose Atlanta and Orlando as the launch cities for demonstrations of how the American and Canadian college students the designed and built their own vehicles. GM retained us to execute cause-related marketing strategies to leverage a program that provided these educational opportunities to college students whom they saw as future buyers.
- Gave seminars on car safety at Georgia Institute of Technology and other venues where the car were parked overnight.
- Assisted in establishing relationships with cities and counties where the racers stopped and parked their cars.
- Recognized the company’s contributions to the transportation industry by creating an awards ceremony honoring General Motors’ initiatives.
- Arranged interviews and taping with CNN and other national broadcast media in cities across the country.
- Coordinated media blitz for GM’s CEO in Atlanta.
- Facilitated local publicity in 10 cities where the Sunrayce stopped overnight.
- Connected the local office of GM with transportation organizations within Georgia and the Southeast to help with recognition for this milestone Sunrayce.
Marketing Outcome: Thousands of people attended the events and treated the students as celebrities. General Motors was recognized in local and national media, including the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Emory Wheel, Georgia Tech Technique and ABC and NBC Nightly News, for its educational initiative for students from colleges and universities across the U.S.
(c) 2013. Atlanta Cause Marketing & PR, Inc. All rights reserved.